Monday, October 19, 2009

Valerie Jarrett appears on Meet the Press

Technically, there is nothing wrong with what Valerie Jarrett wore on Meet the Press this week. Her coloring should support a deep plum color. The clear fittings on the front of her glasses let us see as much as possible of her small-ish eyes. And yet, and yet. The more I watch this clip, the more I see what I would have chosen differently for her. Once again, we're on the jewelry: her necklace is being swallowed by her suit jacket, and the pairing of the pearls with crystal (diamond?) earrings comes off a little immature, like a high school kid wearing her "good" jewelry for a college interview.

I would also go with a smaller shoulder pad in the jacket. See how they almost turn upwards a little on the outside edges? And the color I'm certain looks great in person, but I think it may be getting lost in the television translation and it comes out a little bit too muted.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with this outfit, per se. She looks professional. She just doesn't look as authoritative as she could.

No comments:

Post a Comment